Welcome to 5 Things Friday! Most Fridays I will feature an author who has a new book debuting soon or who just released a new book.
This will be the place to be to find out things you never knew about your favorite authors!
Who knows what secrets lie in the hearts of authors? The Library Lounge Lizard knows...
Lauren Bjorkman grew up on a sailboat, sharing the
forecastle with her sister and the sail bags. She enjoys
making things up, chocolate in large quantities, and
anything that makes her laugh. She lives in Taos, NM
with her husband, two sons, and a couple of strange but
Five things your readers will find interesting about you:
- When I was in elementary school, we lived on a sailboat. We crossed the Atlantic Ocean twice.
- I’m afraid of the water.
- I hate wearing shoes.
- Sometimes I even walk short distances through the snow barefoot rather than put something on my feet.
- I’m a good swimmer.
Fives things you like to do besides writing:
- Aikido. I have two left feet. Fortunately my sensei is patient in the extreme. It’s very satisfying to throw someone twice my weight.
- Eating. I’m crazy about both Japanese and Indian food. Devouring certain types of sushi can be a near-religious experience.
- Backpacking (where there are no bears). Bears are almost as scary as the ocean.
- Reading—it’s my greatest escape.
- Hanging out with family and friends. Laughing at everyone’s bad jokes.
Five things you plan to do in the future.
- Travel to a far-flung place. The current top candidates are Botswana, Ecuador, Iceland, and France.
- Make boiled leather helmets for my boys. They are way into LARP (live action role play).
- Learn how to play the guitar.
- Finish revising my next novel. Then start writing the next. Write a play.
- Bathe in mud.
Visit Lauren's website here: www.LaurenBjorkman.com
Roz and Eva are sisters, close friends, and fierce rivals. Roz fantasizes about snagging the lead in the school play and landing sexy skate god Bryan as her boyfriend. Sadly, a few obstacles stand between her and her dreams. For one, Eva is the more talented actress. And Bryan happens to be Eva’s boyfriend. But is Eva having a secret love affair with a girl? Inquiring minds need to know.
Roz prides herself on random acts of insanity. In one such act, she invents a girlfriend of her own to encourage Eva to open up. The plan backfires, and Roz finds herself neck deep in her invented life. When Roz meets a mercurial boy with a big problem, she begins to understand the complex feelings beneath the labels. And she gets a second chance to earn Eva’s trust.
My Invented Life is a comedy of errors with mistaken identities,
ambiguous sexuality, skate gods, stage geeks, and true love.
Check out my review HERE