Friday October 2, 2009
Welcome to 5 Things Friday! Most Fridays I will feature an author who has a new book debuting soon or who just released a new book.
This will be the place to be to find out things you never knew about your favorite authors!
Who knows what secrets lie in the hearts of authors? The Library Lounge Lizard knows...
Today you get the inside scope on fab author Amy Reed author of the newly debuted young adult book Beautiful (be on the look out for my review next week!)
by Amy Reed
Available October 6, 2009
Published by Simon Pulse
To find out more information on Amy's new book Beautiful, visit her website at www.amyreedfiction.com
- I attended 1 elementary school, 4 middle schools, 2 high schools, and 4 colleges.
- I have a strange love for dirt and mud. I lived in the forest when I was a kid and would dig big holes, fill them with water, then sit in them for hours. My mom had to hose me off before she let me inside.
- When I was a kid, I thought I was the only real human on earth and that everyone else was a robot.
- I'm only 5 feet tall.
- I'm an obsessive list maker
5 things you like to do besides writing
- gardening (currently growing in my backyard: squash, zucchini, broccoli, brussels sprouts, jalapeno peppers, carrots, onions, eggplant, tomatoes, lettuce, spinach, peas, chard, kale, bell peppers, parsley, thyme, basil, oregano, mint, and chives).
- traveling (countries I've been to so far: Canada, Mexico, Belize, Ecuador, Peru, Italy, Greece, Thailand, Japan)
5 things you plan to do in the future
- raise chickens in my backyard
- finish my next YA novel (about teens in a drug & alcohol treatment facility)
- write a screenplay
- scuba dive in the Great Barrier Reef
- see a whale in the wild
Stepping into her new identity turns out to be easier than Cassie could have ever imagined...one moment, one choice, will change everything.
Cassie's new existence both thrills and terrifies her. Swept into a world of illicit parties and social landmines, she sheds her virginity, embraces the numbness she feels from the drugs, and floats through it all, knowing that she is now called beautiful. She ignores the dangers of her fast-paced life?but she can't sidestep the secrets and the cruelty.
Cassie is trapped in a swift downward spiral tinged with violence and abuse, and no one—not even the one person she thought she could trust—can help her now.
Thanks Amy! Remember Beautiful is available October 6th at a bookstore near you!